Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves this chicken and it's really easy to make.
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rub the chicken pieces with salt according to personal preference.
- Steam the chicken pieces for about 25 minutes or until cooked. The water used for steaming could be used for making a light soup.
- Cut the chicken pieces into smaller pieces (according to preference).
- Pour the soy sauce onto the chicken pieces, making sure that they are evenly coated, add more if necessary. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry up the chicken, until a bit charred. Remove.
- Heat oil and saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant (around 20 seconds).
- Add the onion and fry until soft or according to your preference.
- Add the soy sauce and water (add more water for a thinner sauce). Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add lime/lemon juice, simmer for another 1 minute and serve with rice and veggies.