Recipe by kp44
This comes from my husband who is from Mexico and we love it!! We eat it with everything. Really easy to make!! Hope you enjoy it!!
Top Review by Starrynews
So simple and delicious! I used jalapenos - great spicy heat. We enjoyed as part of a salsa trio with chips, and I look forward to using the leftovers on eggs. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11
- 5 tomatillos
- 8 -10 serrano chilies (jalapeno can use as well for a milder taste)
- cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove husk from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Remove top stem (may also remove seeds for a milder taste or leave them whole like i do) and rinse.
- Place ingredients in pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from boil and place tomatillos and chiles in a blender (DONT add WATER theres enough water to absorbs to tomatillos during the cooking process).
- Blend until smooth, for a couple min or until desired texture occurs.
- Pour into a container add a little salt and and chopped cilantro if desired!
- May enjoy right away or may be placed in fridge for a couple hours to cool down!
- Eat with tacos, enchilads, eggs, tortillas, chips, etc -- .