1/2 Photos of Authentic Salsa Verde
This comes from my husband who is from Mexico and we love it!! We eat it with everything. Really easy to make!! Hope you enjoy it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove husk from tomatillos and rinse well.
- 2Remove top stem (may also remove seeds for a milder taste or leave them whole like i do) and rinse.
- 3Place ingredients in pot and cover with water.
- 4Bring to a boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- 5Remove from boil and place tomatillos and chiles in a blender (DONT add WATER theres enough water to absorbs to tomatillos during the cooking process).
- 6Blend until smooth, for a couple min or until desired texture occurs.
- 7Pour into a container add a little salt and and chopped cilantro if desired!
- 8May enjoy right away or may be placed in fridge for a couple hours to cool down!
- 9Eat with tacos, enchilads, eggs, tortillas, chips, etc -- .
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g