Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is posted by request. It was found on the net-no name.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sauerkraut
- 3 ounces dried mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup pickled mushroom (optional)
- 1⁄2 carrot, shredded
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery root
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (and leaf)
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- Boil the beef with 1/2 of the onions, carrots and celery in 2 liters of water for 2 hours.
- After 1 hour salt to taste.
- Drain the broth-reserve-and cut the beef into 1 inch cubes-set aside In a large ovenproof bowl pour 1 liter boiling water over the sauerkraut, add the oil and cream, cover the bowl and place it in the oven at medium heat for 30 minutes or until the sauerkraut is soft.
- Put the mushrooms and spuds into a saucepan and add 2 cups cold water and boil until the mushrooms and spuds are tender.
- Remove the mushrooms and sliver.
- Mix all the ingredients together-except sour cream-taste and salt.
- Boil for 20 minutes, remove from heat, cover witha towel and let stand 20 minutes.
- Offer pickled mushrooms and sour cream at the table.