1/1 Photo of Authentic Rigatoni Bolognese
1 hr 10 mins
If you like real, down home, Italian cooking -- then you'll love this recipe. It's a traditional pasta dish, just like grandma used to make. The Bolognese sauce can be made and frozen for use throughout the month. Feel free to double this recipe as written, but reduce the wine to 3 cups total.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the olive oil into a pan. Add the chopped veggies and saute until the celery softens.
- 2Add ground beef or veal and saute until meat browns.
- 3Add your favorite red wine (the alcohol will be absorbed during cooking process).
- 4Add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and allow this to simmer over low heat for at least an hour until sauce thickens.
- 5Boil rigatoni in hot, salted water.
- 6To plate the dish, put the rigatoni in a bowl, pour some sauce on top and garnish with some fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Rigatoni Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.6
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 462.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 40.7 g