Recipe by sloansmom williams
This is an awesome recipe I found online at MexGrocer
Top Review by jane49423
I tried just to make some dried pinto beans in my pressure cooker for the first time and they came out so squishy that I just blended them all up in my food processor and then cooked them with all your ingredients. I added a little cumin and lime juice and I just can't quit eating it!
- 453.59 g package dried pinto bean
- 946.36 ml water
- 59.14 ml bacon grease (optional)
- 14.78 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml chicken bouillon powder
- 14.79 ml american chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans and water into Dutch oven.
- Soak at least six hours.
- Pour beans into colander and rinse thoroughly.
- Add two cups water back into the Dutch oven, along with bacon grease, garlic powder, bouillon and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmering for about four to six hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- You'll know when the frijoles are done because they'll be very tender.
- Mash until about only half are left whole.