Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
With all my sinigang soups, most derived from the basic then modified with other ingredients to play around with the tastes. Others I learnt from vast provinces when I visited the Philippines
- 250 g fresh tomatoes
- 100 g white onions
- 100 g daikon radishes
- 20 g pineapple powder or 100 g semi sweet fresh pineapple
- 10 g pineapple stalks
- 1 kg lean beef
- 10 g green chilies
- 100 g yams or 100 g taro root
- 150 g bok choy, leaves or 150 g chinese spinach
- 1 kg water, with beef broth cubes or 1 kg beef broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Wash pork under gentle water.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into quarters, simmer pineapple stalks for 5mins and allow bitterness to sink. Then place in casserole with the Beef and water or broth.
- Boil until tomatoes have desintegrated and beef tenderized.
- Add all root ingredients and let to boil til soft, then the rest of the ingredients until leaves are glittering green.
- Great with colds & flu.
- Relax -- .