1/1 Photo of Authentic Philly Cheesesteak
Kana Kahuna's Note:
Authentic Pat's Philly Cheesesteak. Principally made up of thinly sliced pieces of steak and melted cheese on a long italian roll with vegetable options. It truly is a Philadelphia comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces boneless rib-eye steaks (Freeze and use meat slicer to thinnest cut)
- 4 crusty Italian rolls (sliced lengthwise to form a cradle, similar to a hot dog bun.)
- 1 large Spanish onion (Diced, wit)
- 6 tablespoons soya oil
- Cheez Whiz
- sauteed mushroom (optional)
- sauteed red & green sweet pepper (optional)
- 1Heat a griddle, iron skillet or a non stick pan over medium heat. Add 3 Tablespoons of oil to the pan & sauté the onions to desired doneness.
- 2Remove the vegetables and add the remaining oil and sauté slices of meat quickly on both sides, The slices will quickly brown, scramble into smaller pieces with a flat spatula.
- 3Melt the Cheez Whiz in a pot or in the microwave.
- 4Place 6 oz. of the meat into the rolls and push the meat on one side of the roll and deposit the toppings next to it.
- 5Use a butter knife or chopstick to smear the whiz next to the meat.
- 6This is important because if you put the toppings ON the meat, they will not be in the bottom of the sandwich. You should get meat, toppings and cheese in every bite.
- 7Pizza Steak Variation - instead of using cheese whiz, top with pizza sauce & sliced or crumbled mozzarella. Place briefly under a broiler to melt & lightly brown the cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Philly Cheesesteak
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.4
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 327.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 33.4 g