Recipe by GingerlyJ
This is the way they do it in philly. You can get almost any butcher to shave the meat thin for you.
- 9 tablespoons soybean oil
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rib eye steaks, sliced thin
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 4 crusty Italian rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- add three tablespoons oil to skillet and heat
- add onions and saute to desired doneness.
- heat three more tablespoons oil and saute peppers.
- remove from pan and set aside.
- add remaining three tablespoons oil and brown meat quickly.
- break the meat into smaller pieces as it is cooking with two spatulas.
- melt cheez whiz in microwave.
- divide meat among rolls.
- add onions and peppers
- top with cheese.