Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A frosting just like the bakeries use on their cakes and there is no refrigeration required--it may be kept for 3 months covered in the refrigerator just bring to room temperature before using. Recipe yields 8 cups of frosting. You will love this!
- 473.18 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (such as Coffee Mate)
- 2.46 ml almond extract (can use more to taste)
- 1.23-2.46 ml vanilla
- 907.18 g package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 118.29-177.44 ml water
- food coloring, use color of choice
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening creamer and extracts.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar.
- Add in enough water (starting with almost 1/2 cup) until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Add in food coloring until the desired shade is achieved.
I have made this 2 times in the past week. it is my new go-to frosting recipe. I use it for everything from fancy retirement party cakes to simple cupcakes.
I like to use 1 1/2 cups shortening and 1/2 cup butter. This gives a nicer flavor and mouthfeel. I only use vanilla, no almond, and get rave reviews. This holds up very well to piping, spreading and decorating. For chocolate, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Thanks!
I made this frosting, and used it to fill Moist chocolate cupcakes-super easy-budget #287618, they tasted just like a Hostess Suzy Q. this frosting is light and creamy and makes an AWESOME filling!
Wonderful recipe. I used it on a "Spyro Castle" cake I made for my son's birthday and took to a waterpark! It withstood the heat like a champ. It was a little hard to decorate with, but I think that is bacause I got the icing a little too soft and didn't want to mess with thicking & messing up the color I had already mixed. Def adding this one to fav's! Thank you for saving the day!