Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A frosting just like the bakeries use on their cakes and there is no refrigeration required--it may be kept for 3 months covered in the refrigerator just bring to room temperature before using. Recipe yields 8 cups of frosting. You will love this!
Top Review by lilsweetie
I have made this 2 times in the past week. it is my new go-to frosting recipe. I use it for everything from fancy retirement party cakes to simple cupcakes.
I like to use 1 1/2 cups shortening and 1/2 cup butter. This gives a nicer flavor and mouthfeel. I only use vanilla, no almond, and get rave reviews. This holds up very well to piping, spreading and decorating. For chocolate, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Thanks!
- 2 cups shortening
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (such as Coffee Mate)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (32 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- food coloring, use color of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening creamer and extracts.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar.
- Add in enough water (starting with almost 1/2 cup) until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Add in food coloring until the desired shade is achieved.