Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the closest thing I've ever tasted to the "real thing" without knowing for sure if it really is the "real thing"!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups oatmeal (put in blender and make into flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- 8 ounces Hershey Bars, grated
- 3 cups nuts, any kind of nuts (optional)
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix together flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips, grated Hershey bar and nuts (if using).
- Drop by 1 1/2" balls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 6-10 minutes.
- NOTE: If you want your cookies to spread out a bit more, flatten them a bit before baking.
- Cookies will be soft but will firm up a bit after cooling.
This is the same recipe I had gotten years ago when it first came out as a "secret/stolen" recipe. It is time-consuming though due to making the oatmeal flour and grating the chocolate bar but the difference is definately worth it. I agree with the other reviewers that the recipe can be halved or even quartered because it does make a VERY large batch.
I halved this recipe, and these are Deeee-Lish!!! Light and crunchy on the edges, moist and chewy in the center, perfect! I will be making these again & again! (I'll be sure to quarter the recipe next time to curb my eating of them!!)
These cookies are great! I make them every Christmas.