Recipe by *PENNY*
This is the closest thing I've ever tasted to the "real thing" without knowing for sure if it really is the "real thing"!
Top Review by hubs76
This is the same recipe I had gotten years ago when it first came out as a "secret/stolen" recipe. It is time-consuming though due to making the oatmeal flour and grating the chocolate bar but the difference is definately worth it. I agree with the other reviewers that the recipe can be halved or even quartered because it does make a VERY large batch.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups oatmeal (put in blender and make into flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- 8 ounces Hershey Bars, grated
- 3 cups nuts, any kind of nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix together flour, oat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips, grated Hershey bar and nuts (if using).
- Drop by 1 1/2" balls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 6-10 minutes.
- NOTE: If you want your cookies to spread out a bit more, flatten them a bit before baking.
- Cookies will be soft but will firm up a bit after cooling.