- 4 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 serrano chili
- 3 green onions
- 4 ounces chopped chilies
- 1 -3 whole fresh jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Char the tomatoes over a gas grill or under the flame of a hot broiler for 2 minutes to char the skin, turning them until the peel blisters. Slip off the peel, and the flesh should still be firm. Remove the green stem core and cut the tomatoes in half vertically. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and discard.
- In the food processor, drop in the garlic, cilantro, green onions and jalapenos into the bowl of the food processor to chop for just a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients from the recipe, tomatoes, Serrano chili, the chopped green chilies and lime juice. The texture is somewhere between a chow-chow relish and a textured puree. You want to see tiny bits of all the vegetables throughout the salsa. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in fridge for approximately one hour.