Recipe by mamadelogan
My Mother's side is Mexican and this is how she makes her rice and how she has taught me to. If desired, veggies such as corn, peas, and carrots can be added, but we eat ours plain. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup oil (any kind is fine but corn is best)
- 2 cups long grain rice (washed till water runs clear, we like manhattan rice)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon (knorr brand recomended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in non-stick pan on Med heat.
- Add garlic and rice.
- Sautee rice with garlic till rice is golden brown.
- Then add can of tomato sauce , 4 cups of water, half of onion, and 3Tb of chicken bullion(mix in)(don't worry if it the broth is too salty to tate, most of it will boil away).
- Turn up heat to high and allow rice to boil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover till all the water is evaporated(about 25-30minutes). Serve and enjoy!