Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy, quick and always a hit, these Margaritas are the real thing. The number one rule here is: No Mix. They're better this way-by far! They're also a great way to jumpstart any party. You can serve them on the rocks or blended, whichever way you prefer. One blender-full serves four.
- 4 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces orange liqueur (Mexican Controy or Triple Sec may be substituted)
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- ice cube
- coarse salt (optional)
- Place tequila, Controy, limejuice and cranberry juice in blender.
- Fill until almost full with crushed ice. Shake well or blend until very slushy.
- Wet rim of martini or Margarita glass with water and swirl in small dish of salt.
- Pour Margarita into the glass. Ole and Feliz Navidad!
This margarita has a great taste but we found it a bit too tart. Another time, I'll reduce the lime juice. Thanks Mike :)
Very nice! I used Cointreau for the orange liqueur. The cranberry juice made a nice change from our usual and added a good flavor to these margaritas. I will be using this recipe again! Thank you for sharing, Mike #2!
Mmmmmm! Yum! I used Triple Sec as it was what I had on hand. Served on the rocks. Thanks for this excellent recipe!