1/2 Photos of Authentic Meat Loaf
1 hr 5 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
From Diabetic Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml no-salt-added tomato sauce, divided
- 59.16 ml reduced-sodium chunky salsa, divided
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 118.29 ml onion, finely minced
- 78.07 ml no-salt-added mushroom, stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml old fashion 100% whole grain oats (oatmeal)
- 226.79 g 96% lean ground beef
- 226.79 g lean ground turkey
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray piece of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Place foil on broiler pan; set aside.
- 4Mix 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons salsa, pepper and egg whites in medium bowl.
- 5Stir in garlic, onions, mushrooms, and oatmeal.
- 6Mix ground beef into ground turkey in large bowl.
- 7Stir in liquid ingredients to meat mixture, mix well.
- 8Remove mixture from bowl, shape into 4x8-inch rectangular loaf and place into the foil covered pan.
- 9Mix 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon salsa; drizzle on top of meat loaf.
- 10Bake 55 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Meat Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.0 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain oats