Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Filipino egg rolls, I Use to make these with a bunch of Filipino ladies
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small head of cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- lumpia skins
- mix all well in a large bowl.
- If you can find lumpia wrappers from an oriental store, These work best.( about the size of a dinner plate and round)
- Allow mix to sit for a while.
- Put a small amount of mixture into middle of wrapper and roll up and fold in the edges.
- Wet down with a little water.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour or some crushed garlic with vinegar.
Loved this recipe. Had no cabbage so I add finely chopped celery. I browned the ground beef first then added all the other ingredients. Tasted just like my moms!
These were just what I remember then to be minus the absence of sprouts I did not have any but next time I am sure to have them. the reason that I picked these over other lumpia recipes was because of what you said to serve the lumpia with. We always had lumpia with garlic soy rice wine vinegar combination or soy hot oil combination; none of the other recopies even mention garlic soy and vinegar, only sweet and sour. Thank you for the A+ authentic recipe .