Recipe by CHRISSYG
I found this recipe on www.jamaicans.com. We tried this and WOW was it awesome. I did not have allspice berries so I substituted ground allspice using one full tablespoon.
Top Review by Jason C.
A very good Jerk. I used 3 Tbsp of allspice and added olive oil and the juice of a lime to blend easier. I marinated in a ziplock bag for 8-10 hours and added water to move the jerk around. The left over jerk in the bag went into a bowl and was brushed onto the jerked chicken during a long, slow and smokey BBQ. Off.The.Hook.
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento (allspice berries)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 4 -6 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme or 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 -2 bunch scallion (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, to moisten
Directions See How It's Made
- Put content in a food processor or blender and liquify.
- Pour sauce in a jar and keep refrigerated.
- The sauce will keep forever if kept refrigerated.
- To increase spiciness blend pepper and pimento and add to sauce the hot peppers at any time.
- Marinate meat at least 2 hours.