Chef #829152's Note:
I know there are millions of chicken curry recipes, and they differ from home to home. This is a Fresca, Saucy, Chicken Curry to be served with white rice, or Basmati Rice. I grew up off of this very recipe, and omitting the butter, it is a healthy dish. You will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/4 lb of cubed chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 6 cloves
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 7 roma tomatoes, diced up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dry coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- 1In a large pot, heat oil and cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, cloves for 1 minute, before they began to get dark add onions.
- 2Sautee' onions for 1 minute on medium high heat, add chicken tender cubes. Cook that stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add rest of the ingredients (saving a small amount of the cilantro for garnish at end).
- 4Stir and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes.
- 5Then serve over rice. (You may add more tomato sauce, or water depending on how chunky you want the curry sauce.).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Indian Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: