A recipe my mom makes from time to time, excellent on hot days or as a beverage to go along with your favorite Mexican dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put Rice in blender.
- 2Add Water to blender (until about one inch above rice).
- 3Add Sugar and Cinnamon.
- 4Blend on any higher speed until consistent.
- 5Strain into pitcher.
- 6Put remnant (whats left in the strainer) back into blender.
- 7Add more water (again, one inch) into blender.
- 8repeat steps 4-7 until all rice is done.
- 9add more water to the horchata if it is too sweet.
- 10either add ice to pitcher OR serve in cups over ice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Horchata
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g