Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A recipe my mom makes from time to time, excellent on hot days or as a beverage to go along with your favorite Mexican dish
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 2 -3 cinnamon sticks (more or less to taste)
- water (hopefully your tap is next to your blender)
- Put Rice in blender.
- Add Water to blender (until about one inch above rice).
- Add Sugar and Cinnamon.
- Blend on any higher speed until consistent.
- Strain into pitcher.
- Put remnant (whats left in the strainer) back into blender.
- Add more water (again, one inch) into blender.
- repeat steps 4-7 until all rice is done.
- add more water to the horchata if it is too sweet.
- either add ice to pitcher OR serve in cups over ice.