Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been in my family for the last 17 years. Believe me when i say, this is the best, tastiest chicken you will ever try. Its so healthy and smells yummy your next door neighbor will come knocking to your door step!
- Rub salt, oyster sauce, and soy onto the skin of the chicken.
- Rub salt, 5 spice powder and pepper to the stomach cavity of the chicken.
- Leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Bake or broil 15 minutes then turn over.
- Cook the other side for another 15 minutes.
- Dig in! Good with hot rice.
I had bought two cornish hens that were on sale and dicided to find a good recipe for Christmas. Having never baked any small or big sized chicken before, I wanted to try something I've never had before. When I was putting the ingredients together I was skeptical of how it was going to taste. Personally the smell of the ingredients wasn't very appealing to me (must of been the oyster sauce). But I followed the directions and baked it this evening. However, I had to read the directions on the cornish hen packaging for the oven temperature because it doesn't mention it here. Instead of cooking the bird as mentioned below, I cooked it for an hour at 350 (turning over at 30 minutes). After an hour the hen was moist and tasted great which destroyed my fear of it not tasting very good because of the smell of the spices. I'll definatly try this again on a chicken!!
The smell is fantastic!! Taste even better!
to die for!!