Prep 48 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Fran's Mother's Polish Sausage full of great flavor and an abundance of herbs and spices
- 10 lbs pork, butts gorund coarse
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons leaves marjoram, crushed finely between palms
- 5 -6 kernels garlic
- 3 cups warm water
- garlic salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- hog casing, use 45ft of casing
- Have the pork butts ground coarse and place in a large pan.
- Crush the kernals of garlic with the salt, by using the blade of a knife to mash the garlic fine.
- Add the finely mashed garlic and the other above ingredients to the pork butts.
- Mix it well.
- If possible, allow the mixtures to remain overnight in the refrigerator.
- Fill the casings with the meat mixture after washing the casings out with water.
- To cook, place sausage in pot with water, bring to boil.
- Skim, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove form water.
- Place in oven for additional browning at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- The uncooked sausage can also be placed in plastic bags and frozen for later use.