Recipe by ChefConsultant
With all my sinigang soups, most derived from the basic then modified with other ingredients to play around with the tastes. Others i learnt from vast provinces when i visited the Philippines
- 250 g fresh tomatoes
- 100 g white onions
- 100 g daikon radishes
- 20 g guava powder or 100 g fresh guava juice
- 1 g fresh lime leaves
- 1 kg pork
- 10 g green chilies
- 100 g yams or 100 g taro root
- 150 g bok choy, leaves or 150 g chinese spinach
- 1 kg water, with pork broth cubes or 1 kg pork broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Wash pork under gentle water.
- 2. Cut tomatoes and onions into quarters
- then place in casserole with the pork
- and water or broth.
- 3. Boil until tomatoes have desintegrated
- and pork tenderized.
- 4. Add all root ingredients and let to boil
- til soft, then the rest of the
- ingredients until leaves are glittering green.
- then vwala -- enjoy.