Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I have made this for many years and still enjoy it! It's from an old Mexican cookbook that I've had for so long, the pages are all yellowed and about worn out. If you will measure all of your ingredients and get everything ready, this can be made in 30 minutes.I usually double this and it comes out fine.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 6 corn tortillas (your own or purchased)
- butter or margarine
- 127.57 g can tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 354.88 ml about 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onions. Add salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato sauce.
- Spread each tortilla with butter.
- In a 2-qt. casserole, alternate layers of buttered tortillas, meat sauce,olives and cheese.
- Mix together the water and the last tomato sauce,pour it over all, cover, and bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.