I have made this for many years and still enjoy it! It's from an old Mexican cookbook that I've had for so long, the pages are all yellowed and about worn out. If you will measure all of your ingredients and get everything ready, this can be made in 30 minutes.I usually double this and it comes out fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onions. Add salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato sauce.
- 2Spread each tortilla with butter.
- 3In a 2-qt. casserole, alternate layers of buttered tortillas, meat sauce,olives and cheese.
- 4Mix together the water and the last tomato sauce,pour it over all, cover, and bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Ground Beef Enchilada Pie
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.4
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 1423.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 35.3 g