Recipe by peterjanet72
Living near the Greek Danforth in Toronto this was a regular restaurant dinner for us . When we moved out to the country we had to start making it ourselves
- 1 -2 lb pork tenderloin or 1 -2 lb pork roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon cucumber, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
Lemon -butter sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Souvlaki ingredients in large freezer bag or baking dish. Let marinate for at least 8 hours stirring up occasionally.
- Combine Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a bowl let stand in fridge 8 hrs stirring occasionally.
- At dinner time mix lemon butter sauce in small pot, heat just enough to melt butter and let stand. Skewer pork and BBQ until cooked to desired doneness. Serve souvlaki beside Tzatziki sauce with greek salad and plain rice. Pour reheated lemon butter sauce over souvlaki, rice, and salad. Enjoy.