Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Authentic German Potato salad is usually served warm or at room temperature, but however you eat it this salad is absolutely delicious. I must confess that I start eating it as soon as it is mixed, and some say it is even better after it has set for a few hours or the next day.
- Boil peeled or skins-on (according to your preference) potatoes in water and bouillon for 15-20 minutes. (This may take longer if you are at high altitude). Don't let them get too soft - a fork should go in but the potatoes should not fall apart.
- Fry bacon and crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Dice the white onion and fry it in the bacon grease.
- Chop the potatoes into cubes.
- Mix the bacon, white onion, oil, mustard, and vinegar together in a bowl that will be large enough to hold your potatoes.
- Chop the green onions.
- Toss the cooled potatoes in your sauce along with the green onions.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.