Recipe by AZRoxy63
This recipe is from a man that I work with. He is from Frankfurt. This is the recipe he gave me that has been in his family for generations and it is wonderful! I serve it along with knockwurst and sauerkraut. YUMMY!
- 10 potatoes, diced, boiled, and drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon, remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon when cool and set aside.
- DO NOT EMPTY GREASE FROM PAN.
- Place onion in bacon grease and cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, water, and sugar.
- Add flour to hot bacon grease/onion mixture and stir well.
- Slowly add sauce mixture from small bowl while stirring.
- Cook on medium low until bubbly and sauce thickens some.
- Add in the bacon and potatoes and toss gently to coat with sauce mixture.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with black pepper and paprika.
- Serve hot and enjoy!