This recipe is from a man that I work with. He is from Frankfurt. This is the recipe he gave me that has been in his family for generations and it is wonderful! I serve it along with knockwurst and sauerkraut. YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 potatoes, diced, boiled, and drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1Fry bacon, remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- 2Crumble bacon when cool and set aside.
- 3DO NOT EMPTY GREASE FROM PAN.
- 4Place onion in bacon grease and cook until tender.
- 5In a small bowl, combine worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, water, and sugar.
- 6Add flour to hot bacon grease/onion mixture and stir well.
- 7Slowly add sauce mixture from small bowl while stirring.
- 8Cook on medium low until bubbly and sauce thickens some.
- 9Add in the bacon and potatoes and toss gently to coat with sauce mixture.
- 10Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with black pepper and paprika.
- 11Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 547.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g