Top Review by Roxi J.
This is the way my mother was told to make Chicken Adobo by her FILIPINO friend when I was child. I've spent my adult life perfecting my own recipe for this and every Filipino I've ever met makes it differently. They say there are no rules for making it. It's a very personalized dish to most Filipinos. I use equal parts RICE vinegar and soy sauce in mine but some people use NO vinegar. It's a fantastic dish that is easy to play with.
- 5 lbs chopped up chicken or 5 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4-1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- This serves about 13-15 people. Saute the chicken, garlic, and onion until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium heat until it has a stew consistency. (Or becomes stew-like)
- Note: you may want to try the vinegar and soy sauce a little at time until you get the right flavor.
- Then serve hot, over rice.