Prep 1 min
Cook 40 mins
Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding) is one of the most common Filipino breakfasts/snacks in the Philippines. The ingredients are common in almost all Filipino households. This is usually eaten with warm "pandesal" (small, plain, but yummy bun that's also a staple in Filipino households). You can find sticky rice in most Asian stores. Very easy to do and very yummy--authentic Filipino taste! **Add more or less sugar or cocoa depending on your taste!**
- 1 cup sweet sticky rice (white glutinous rice)
- 6 -8 cups water (more or less depending on your preferred consistency)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- evaporated milk (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together (except milk) in a large pan. Cover.
- Put on high heat until boiling for 3 minutes. Mix.
- Put on low heat for 30-40 minutes (still covered). Mix often to prevent sticking. Add more water of you want it more thin.
- Serve hot with a swirl (or a cup!) of evaporated milk on top! Enjoy!