This is a fantastic way of using up a bit of leftover roast chicken and is just the thing for a light lunch or late night supper after a big Sunday Roast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 1 1/4 liters chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- 3 ounces small broccoli florets
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, a handful
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1Place noodles into a pan of salted boiling water for 4 minutes until tender, refresh under cold water and drain.
- 2Heat the sunflower and sesame oils in a large pan, add the garlic, ginger, chili and spring onion (green onion) and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Pour the chicken stock into the pan, add the soy sauce, honey, sugar snap peas, and broccoli.
- 4Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- 5Tip the cooked noodles into the chicken broth, add the chicken with the spinach and coriander then heat gently for another 2 minutes to warm through.
- 6Spoon into warmed bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 1011.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g