Recipe by Kat's Mom
Found this on www.bellaonline.com by Paula Laurita, BellaOnline's Italian Food Editor. It is unique and delicious. Serve with a simple pasta dish such as fettuccini with butter and parmesan cheese. I thicken the sauce with a little cornstach & water paste and stir in a tablespoon of milk.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I used the sauce from your recipe to create another dish using Marsala sauce. While this sauce is not my favorite, I would probably rate it 4 stars for authencity. I also added a cornstarch paste to thicken it, and would add a T. of milk or cream like you suggested next time. Overall, I discovered that I tend to like Marsala sauce without lemon in them...I reserve the lemon for piccata sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Pound the chicken breasts gently (with the flat side of your meat mallet).
- Roll the chicken in this until well coated.
- On medium-high, heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides, then set aside chicken on a plate.
- Carefully pour wine into the oil and warm, then mix in the mushrooms, chicken stock and juice of the lemon.
- Add chicken, turning the chicken over to get it well coated with the sauce.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.