1/1 Photo of Authentic Chai
This recipe I got from living for 6 weeks in Dharamsala, Himmachal Pradesh, India.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start to heat the water to boiling.
- 2In the meantime, cut each peppercorn in half with a knife and crack open each cardamom pod by biting it or smashing it.
- 3Put all spices and ginger in the pan. Boil about 5 minutes or until the water is light brown colored from the spices.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of the milk and the tea. Then stir in the sugar making sure it melts.
- 5Add the rest of the milk and heat to almost boiling for a couple more minutes.
- 6Depending on your taste, you can add more or less milk or sugar to the recipe.
- 7Strain the mixture into glasses and taste authentic chai from the Himalayas!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Chai
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: