2 hrs 30 mins
That Napa Chicken Ranch's Note:
These are the real thing- they make a wonderful sandwich roll. Try them as a torta (a mexican grilled sandwich). The time for preparation includes the time for the dough to rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, salt, sugar, yeast and 2 cups of the flour to your Kitchenaid mixing bowl.
- 2Set mixer speed to 4 and mix well. Add in the flour about a half a cup at a time, mix for a minute or so and add more flour until the dough comes together and doesn’t stick to the bowl.
- 3The dough should form a ball on the dough hook. It may become sticky after a few minutes of kneading so keep the flour handy to add more if necessary.
- 4Knead for 8-10 minutes. The final dough should be firm and elastic and a little sticky to the touch.
- 5Form the dough into a ball and place the dough in a greased bowl.
- 6Cover the dough with a towel or cloth and leave in a warm place for about an hour.
- 7Remove dough from bowl onto a smooth counter that has a little flour on top to keep the dough from sticking to the counter.
- 8Divide dough into 10 equal balls. For oval shaped rolls, roll the balls between your palms for about 5 seconds to make a cylindrical shape, tapering slightly at the ends.
- 9Cover and let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush each dough ball with egg whites.
- 11Using a bread knife, make a cut down the length of the roll about 1/4 inch deep. Bake for about 30 minutes, let cool and enjoy.
- 12They may also be wrapped well and frozen for later use.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Bolillos (Mexican Bread Rolls for Tortas)
Serving Size: 1 (1026 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g