This is an adopted recipe. Here's what the original poster had to say about this recipe: "This is the way Bavarians eat their potato salad. You can replace 1/3 of the potatoes with thinly sliced cucumbers and add them just before serving,or use field salad or endive lettuce instead. A Bavarian potato salad always has a slight sweet and sour taste. Also very important: do not leave out the butter, it changes the taste significantly. Serve it warm or at room temperature."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes, slice while still warm and add broth.
- 2Mix vinegar with salt, pepper and sugar.
- 3Sugar and salt should be dissolved before adding the oil.
- 4Add marinade to the potatoes.
- 5Add onions and finally the melted butter.
- 6Garnish with chives or parsley.
- 7If you want to add cucumber, thinly slice them and salt.
- 8Drain before adding to the salad.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Bavarian Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g