Recipe by Trinkets
When DH and I were first married we lived in Baltimore. We loved the crab cakes more than anything. There is always more crab than bread. Splurge!
- 1 lb fresh lump crab
- 1 egg
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 slice white bread, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- bacon grease
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except bacon grease.
- Mold into round cakes whatever size you desire.
- Heat bacon grease in cast iron skillet and fry cakes until brown on one side, about 4 minutes, depending on the size of the cakes.
- Flip the cakes to the other side and brown.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and Worcestershire sauce.