1/1 Photo of Authentic (And Easy) Pasta Carbonara
This is my "go to" meal when I get home late or a crowd descends unexpectantly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put large pot on to boil for pasta and cook pasta as directed.
- 2Cut the bacon into 2" pieces and add to saute pan on medium.
- 3Grate cheese.
- 4Break eggs into large bowl and beat until smooth.
- 5Add grated cheese to eggs and mix until a paste.
- 6When pasta is "al dente", remove and drain.
- 7Immediately add pasta to egg/cheese mixture and use tongs to rapidly toss, coating the pasta. (Don't worry about the raw egg, the hot pasta will cook it).
- 8Add the bacon with about 1 teaspoon of drippings and continue to toss pasta until a creamy sauce evenly coats the pasta.
- 9Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of cheese, fresh ground salt and pepper.
- 10Watch your friends and family scrap the bowl!
- 11Nice served with a salad and a crisp white wine!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic (And Easy) Pasta Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 985.3
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1371.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 48.4 g