Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my "go to" meal when I get home late or a crowd descends unexpectantly.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta (but spaghetti, fettucine or tagliatelle work as well)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (fresh is better)
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 lb lean bacon or 1⁄3 lb pancetta
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Put large pot on to boil for pasta and cook pasta as directed.
- Cut the bacon into 2" pieces and add to saute pan on medium.
- Grate cheese.
- Break eggs into large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add grated cheese to eggs and mix until a paste.
- When pasta is "al dente", remove and drain.
- Immediately add pasta to egg/cheese mixture and use tongs to rapidly toss, coating the pasta. (Don't worry about the raw egg, the hot pasta will cook it).
- Add the bacon with about 1 teaspoon of drippings and continue to toss pasta until a creamy sauce evenly coats the pasta.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of cheese, fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Watch your friends and family scrap the bowl!
- Nice served with a salad and a crisp white wine!
A wonderful easy and delicious recipe in under 30 minutes. The fresh ingredients make the difference. I used peas too and this was a hit. Thanks for posting.
Perfect pasta. :) I love how easy this is to make, and so very tasty. I did add some green peas, but that's just a personal preference. I'll be making this again in the near future. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
Turned to glue immediately...