1/1 Photo of Austrian Rugelach Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
A very fancy cookie that I always enjoy. This recipe was given to me by my German teacher. A very big thank you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the butter with the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the flour and using hands make a thick dough. Make three balls with the dough, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon, raisins, walnuts and the chocolate chips.
- 3Remove the dough from the refrigerator let stand in room temperature for a while and make 3-mm thick circles with each piece on a floured surface.
- 4Divide each circle into quarters and then eighths and sixteenths, until we have 16 equal triangles. Coat with marmalade and sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Roll each triangle up, starting from the wide side, to make crescents.
- 5Bake at 360°F for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Dust, if desired with icing sugar, when they are still hot.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Austrian Rugelach Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g