Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite flavors is raspberry yum! Rich delicious cookies! *times don't reflect freezing time.*
- 1 lb unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberry jam (with or without seeds, at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- In a another bowl mix the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/egg mixture and mix until just blended and the dough starts to come together.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured work surface and form into 2 balls.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove one ball of dough from the freezer and coarsely grate it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Make sure the surface is covered evenly with shreds of dough.
- With the back of a spoon or flexible spatula spread the jam over top, to within 1/2 inch of the edge all the way around.
- Remove the remaining dough ball from the freezer and coarsely grate it over the entire surface.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Dust with the powdered sugar as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut in the pan with a serrated knife.
I love this recipe. It bakes up well in a glass 9 x 13 inch pan or as others have said, cut the recipe in half and bake in an 8 inch or 9 inch pan. You can also add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon lemon zest to the shortbread dough.
Loved it! I also cut the recipe in half and put it in a smaller pan. Was nearly gone by the end of the day. Add some whipped cream on top...yum!! Made for ZWT6 Queens of Quisine!!
I took this to a food day at work and everyone loved it! I cut the recipe in half and used an 8 in tart pan instead of a 9x13 because I wanted to be able to lift the whole thing and put it on a plate. This recipe is a keeper, for sure. Made for ZWT6.