1/2 Photos of Austrian Raspberry Shortbread
Midwest Maven's Note:
One of my favorite flavors is raspberry yum! Rich delicious cookies! *times don't reflect freezing time.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- 2Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- 3In a another bowl mix the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the butter/egg mixture and mix until just blended and the dough starts to come together.
- 5Turn out the dough onto a floured work surface and form into 2 balls.
- 6Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Remove one ball of dough from the freezer and coarsely grate it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Make sure the surface is covered evenly with shreds of dough.
- 9With the back of a spoon or flexible spatula spread the jam over top, to within 1/2 inch of the edge all the way around.
- 10Remove the remaining dough ball from the freezer and coarsely grate it over the entire surface.
- 11Bake for 30-40 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 12Dust with the powdered sugar as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- 13Cool on a wire rack and then cut in the pan with a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Austrian Raspberry Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g