Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Richly textured giant potato pancakes rolled up and served with shrimp and spinach in an Alfred sauce.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 dash white pepper (to taste)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- olive oil (for frying)
Shrmp and Spinach Sauce
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups jarred alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- In a large bowl, combine and mix hash browns with mashed potatoes. Add melted butter, onion, salt, pepper, eggs and milk. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil until hot in an 8 or 10-inch nonstick skillet. Ladle 1/2 cup measure of potato mixture into it, swirling pan to distribute a pancake that covers the entire bottom of pan and comes up the sides slightly. Cook 2 minutes or until very well browned. With a long spatula, turn pancake and cook 2 more minutes. Turn back to first side and cook another few seconds. Transfer to a paper towel-lined large plate. Roll and keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all are cooked. *.
- Continue cooking potato mixture in skillet until all is used, rolling each and adding to platter in the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat combine green onions, spinach, Alfredo sauce and parsley. Mix well, cover and gently warm. Serve 2 rolled pancakes per serving, topping each with spoonfuls of spinach sauce.
- * Pancakes may be cooked two at a time on a two-burner stove-top griddle.