Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Fresh mushrooms cooked in homemade beef stock, enriched with sherry and garnished with chopped chives. An easy elegant first course dinner soup or lunch. No time to make stock? Use canned broth and add butter for an almost instant soup.
- 4 cups homemade beef stock or 4 cups canned beef broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter if using canned broth (I use 3)
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (or green onion, parsley, dill)
- In a large saucepan, combine stock and mushrooms, bring to a boil.
- Add butter if using canned broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sherry.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with chives.
Forgot to add stars, 5 for sure, for a fast, easy and classy soup made from stuff sitting in the fridge.
Quick and easy and very tasty too! Used vegetable bouillon cubes for the broth cause I had no time to make the stock from scratch. It turned out to be a very light and elegant first course. Thanks for posting, will surely make again and then with homemade stock.