Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tender fluffy pancakes served with powdered sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt together into a bowl.
- Add the milk gradually, beating constantly.
- Add the egg yolks 1 at a time and beat until well blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and STIR 1/3 into the batter.
- Carefully FOLD in the remainder egg whites.
- Over moderately high heat, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in an 8 to 9 inch skillet with sloping sides.
- When the butter is sizzling, pour in 1/2 the batter and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and slide it onto a plate.
- Invert the pancake back into the skillet and cook about 1 minute until the underside is brown.
- Invert onto a heating serving plate and keep warm.
- Prepare the second pancake in the same manner.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Tear the pancakes into rough pieces with 2 forks and serve immediately.
- Worlds Best Recipes.
I am sorry to say we did not enjoy this recipe .. it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but the instructions are very clear and straight forward .. thanks for sharing!
Fantastic. We ate this in Austria. Thanks for the recipe - it tastes even better.
This was very easy, but kind of messy to make. Mine came out wonderfully!!! They tast like a cross between an omlett and a fluffy pancake. They really don't need syrup although when I first saw the recipe I thought they might. This is a lot more food than I expected too, so have more than two people to enjoy it with.