Recipe by Ninna
Nana's recipe, it was passed on to me many years ago.
Top Review by klyfam
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for putting this recipe up here. I used to make this cake about 25 years ago and was very popular among family and friends back then, my son (now 29) has been asking me for years to make this, but alas I had lost the recipe. So now when my children come to visit thanks to you I can serve them their favourite cake.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (185 g)
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar (185 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour (185 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum, overproof
- 300 ml whipped cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 -3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F).
- Cream butter and sugar until light, beat in eggs gradually and fold in flour and salt with metal spoon, turn into greased ring mould cake tin (bundt) and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool cake and after it is cool return to mould ready for pouring in coffee - sweeten coffee and flavour with rum and slowly pour over cake whilst in tin.
- Turn onto plate and cover with whipped cream flavoured with vanilla and decorate with toasted slivered almonds.