Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Germany/Austria)
Make and share this Austrian Chocolate Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (finely chopped) or 1⁄2 cup almonds (finely chopped) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 ounce chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together chocolate and margarine in medium saucepan
- Remove from heat stir in sugar, egg and yolk and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour and nuts
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.
- Melt 1 ounce chocolate and margarine, remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend well.
- Dip cookies into glaze to cover.
- Allow to dry completly before storing in tightly covered container with waxed paper in between layers.
It wasnt a hard recipe to make. The only thing is about 8 of my balls are not totally covered with the glaze.I seemed to run out, maybe I put too much on the first ones ,but then you cant have too much chocolate. Made for zw6 for the X-tra Hot Dishes Thank you or posting