Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a vastly cut down version of the recipe my Grandmother and Great Grandmother used. The oil of lemon is my addition. it replaces very finely grated lemon zest. I sometimes omit the casings and use this as a very mild breafast sausage.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 lbs ground pork, 35% fat
- 1 drop lemon oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 medium sausage casing, prepared
- Combine spices and bread crimbs.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix milk, beaten eggs and oil of lemon together.
- Thououghly mix bread crumb mix with the ground pork being careful not to have any"hot spots" This can be done by hand but a heavy duty stand mixer makes it a lot easier.
- Pour liquid over the meat mix and let sit about 10 minutes.
- Then mix.
- Loosely stuff medium saussage casings and tie off in 5 inch legnths.
- Store in freezer.
- Steam, simmer, bake, pan fry or grill.