When there are apricots in abundance, this cake can be found on every menu, shop and bakery. It's unbelievably easy, tasty and quick to make. You can also swap plums for apricots. The yoghurt makes the dough extremely light and fluffy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1beat 200g brown sugar, vanilla sugar, orange cest and sunflower oil in a bowl until fluffly.
- 2add 4 egg yolks and keep on beating with mixer.
- 3add yoghurt.
- 4beat egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until fluffy and stiff.
- 5mix baking powder with flour and add to egg, sugar and oil mixture.
- 6incorporate egg whites into dough carefully, this will make it fluffly.
- 7preheat oven at 180°C.
- 8cut apricots in halves.
- 9butter a pyrex dish (about 40x20cm) and add dough.
- 10place apricot halves on dough,.
- 11sprinkle apricot halves with cinnamon and 2 TB brown sugar.
- 12let bake for 25min (if necessary cover cake the last 10min).
- 13let cake cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and cut in 20 squares.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Austrian Apricot Cake - Marillenkuchen
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: