Recipe by Eismeer
When there are apricots in abundance, this cake can be found on every menu, shop and bakery. It's unbelievably easy, tasty and quick to make. You can also swap plums for apricots. The yoghurt makes the dough extremely light and fluffy.
- 10 apricots (20 halves)
- 200 g brown sugar
- 400 g flour
- 1 teaspoon orange, cest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 175 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- beat 200g brown sugar, vanilla sugar, orange cest and sunflower oil in a bowl until fluffly.
- add 4 egg yolks and keep on beating with mixer.
- add yoghurt.
- beat egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until fluffy and stiff.
- mix baking powder with flour and add to egg, sugar and oil mixture.
- incorporate egg whites into dough carefully, this will make it fluffly.
- preheat oven at 180°C.
- cut apricots in halves.
- butter a pyrex dish (about 40x20cm) and add dough.
- place apricot halves on dough,.
- sprinkle apricot halves with cinnamon and 2 TB brown sugar.
- let bake for 25min (if necessary cover cake the last 10min).
- let cake cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and cut in 20 squares.