Recipe by Punky Julster
The yeast does not need to be dissolved in liquid, and no rising time is necessary before baking. **The dough needs to be refrigerated overnight.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast and flour; add butter and mix well. Add egg yolks and sour cream; mix well. Shape into four balls. Place in separate resealable plastic bags or wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into a 9-in. circle. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and apple. Cut each circle into 16 wedges; roll up from wide edge and pinch to seal. Place with point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, combine sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; drizzle over the twists. Sprinkle with pecans.