Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy pasta.
- 150 g cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 3⁄4 cup mixed vegetables, eg broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas, beans steamed
- 3 pieces of ww bacon
- 6 torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Toss cooked penne with the pasta sauce.
- Add mixed vegetables.
- Microwave bacon on paper towel until crispy and add to sauce.
- Add basil and then top with the parmesan cheese.
Presto, chango - quick as a wink I was able to sneak veggies into DH's diet. ;-) I doubled up the recipe for the 2 of us; used ditalini pasta and a mixture of shredded carrots, shelled edamame and asparagus tips. Not being familiar with WW bacon, I used turkey bacon which crisps up nicely in the microwave. From _start to eat_ this took a mere 15 minutes. What a great recipe to have tucked away for the times I'm rushed and have nothing planned. Thanks for sharing!